MVP Argument Midterm Exam

Brian Pacheco 
English 008
Mr. Lewenstein 
Midterm Exam 
Chuy and Yoli Motorcycle Ride
Lydia wondered why Chuy took off all of a sudden and waited a few days so he could've been with his family. Chuy was telling Yoli "just think of the freedom you'll feel with the wind in your face and you in control." Yoli learned how to ride the motorcycle by Chuy. She was given a push start by her four brothers and she went flying down Conifier Street and then crashed a parked car on the street. Chuy tells Yoli "you did good, Yoli."
I have chosen this part because I remember when I was younger my brothers showed me how to ride a quad in San Felipe. It made me think of when my brothers gave me that push to go also and I just flew down the street feeling so good that I was able to face my fears at the age of eleven. I felt that adrenaline kicking in and all I could ever think of was going faster and faster all along the streets of San Felipe. The speed I was going made me swerve a little bit to the sides and I ended up slowing down a little bit and I crashed a parked truck F-150 Ford on the side of the road, but luckily I didn't suffer any injuries. We did have to pay the man for his truck being dented on the back. 
Riding that motorcycle made me feel free, just like Yoli. Yoli felt the vibrations through her bones and her skin felt tingly and alive. In a way, I felt part of that but mostly it was adrenaline and my heart beating like crazy just wanting to ride even faster. Also the wind hitting your body makes you feel so free and enjoyable. I felt that at the age eleven, I was able to overcome fears and have a mentality of "you never know unless you try" after that ride and crash, I am grateful that I wasn't injured or have broken any bones. After that ride, my dad grabbed me, and was proud for being brave. 
Everything Yoli went through in that ride, I pretty much did the same. Riding fast, feeling that vibration in your bones, the sound of the motor, and also the crash. It relates to me because I also got carried away and went fast on a street where I could have gotten hit by a car or pulled over by police. My brothers and cousins ran after me but they couldn't catch up until I crashed. The only thing was that I was carried home like Yoli, I still had to push back the quad back home. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final, Final Tuff Stuff Essay

About me