Legalizing Marijuana

Brian Pacheco
English 008
Lewenstein
Cannabis
  When people mention "marijuana" they immediately think its a bad thing because of how its described as. Also they think because of its effects and it being a "gateway" its a bad thing to do. On the other hand, people use it for medicinal purposes to treat cancer, seizures, or any type of pain. Lots of people in the United States who are medical users agree with having it legal because it treats them well. The new law in California has users smoking it more freely in a private place and own a decent amount, but then it also has people ticked off on how bad they are taxing it. I personally believe that marijuana is not so much of a bad thing, its medicine to some people and recreation use has people more satisfied and at home relaxing bothering nobody. 
  Medicinal marijuana helps people who have cancer, pain, or seizures and its been proven all over the internet and the news. Recreational use has people more relaxed and the ability just to enjoy at home without having it to use it so secretly in public areas where there is people around. I do not think it will affect my life at all because I really don't pay attention to that stuff, also because I don't really have time and money to be spending on something that is temporary. Marijuana actually helps people focus and have whatever sickness treated without having too take pills that just makes them feel even worse than whatever they are going through. 
  Most people who want marijuana illegal, think its more of a "gateway" drug that leads to LSD, crack, meth, or heroin. Some people who cannot handle marijuana and want something more strong tend to try more harder and dangerous drugs. In my perspective, I think that its legalization can affect many people who are younger than the smoking age which is twenty one. Lot of younger people today already smoke it and get high off it. I think I will see more and more people wanting to try it just because it'll turn legal. In my opinion, thats what I think when people say marijuana is bad because they think they will try stronger drugs. 
  In my neighborhood I think its more like a "must try" because we didn't have much to do, so we decided to experience more things that we might regret and it was marijuana. At the time, I did enjoy it but then I began realize that its just a waste of money and time while I could've been more productive. I do believe that if you cannot control yourself, you will be doing even more dangerous things. In middle school, I have seen a pothead overdose on pills, and that pothead was one of my real good friends from my neighborhood. But I strongly believe that its the best way for a cure to whatever sickness people go through, whether its painkillers, alcohol, etc. The legalization in my opinion will make lots of younger age people try it and the people who suffer from pain will have a better advantage of treating themselves. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final, Final Tuff Stuff Essay

About me

MVP Argument Midterm Exam